Abbreviations:AF (atrial fibrillation), PAF (paroxysmal atrial fibrillation), PNP (phrenic nerve palsy), PV (pulmonary vein)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Lower incidence of thrombus formation with cryoenergy versus radiofrequency catheter ablation.Circulation. 2003; 107: 2045-2050
- Pulmonary venous isolation by antral ablation with a large cryoballoon for treatment of paroxysmal and persistent atrial fibrillation: medium-term outcomes and non-randomised comparison with pulmonary venous isolation by radiofrequency ablation.Heart. 2010; 96: 1379-1384
- Circumferential pulmonary vein isolation with the cryoballoon technique results from a prospective 3-center study.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2008; 52: 273-278
- One year follow-up after cryoballoon isolation of the pulmonary veins in patients with paroxysmal atrial fibrillation.Europace. 2008; 10: 1271-1276
- Characterization of conduction recovery after pulmonary vein isolation using the “single big cryoballoon” technique.Heart Rhythm. 2010; 7: 184-190
- STOP-AF Trial.American College of Cardiology Annual Scientific Sessions, Atlanta, GAMarch 14, 2010
- The esophageal effects of cryoenergy during cryoablation for atrial fibrillation.Heart Rhythm. 2009; 6: 962-969
- Asymptomatic pulmonary vein stenosis after cryoballoon catheter ablation of paroxysmal atrial fibrillation.J Electrocardiol. 2010; 44: 473-476
- Pressure-guided cryoballoon isolation of the pulmonary veins for the treatment of paroxysmal atrial fibrillation.J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2010; 21: 120-125
- Cryoballoon pulmonary vein isolation guided by transesophageal echocardiography: novel aspects on an emerging ablation technique.J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2009; 20: 1197-1202
D. Wyn Davies is a consultant for Medtronic.