Abbreviations:AF (atrial ﬁbrillation), ASD (atrial septal defect), ICE (intracardiac echocardiography), LA (left atrium/atrial), PCI (percutaneous coronary intervention), PV (pulmonary vein), PVI (pulmonary vein isolation), TSP (transseptal puncture)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Natural history and prognosis of atrial septal defect.Circulation. 1968; 37: 805-815
- Atrial septal defect in patients ages 60 years or older: operative results and long-term postoperative follow-up.Circulation. 1981; 64: 402-409
- Long-term outcome after surgical repair of isolated atrial septal defect: follow-up at 27 to 32 years.N Engl J Med. 1990; 323: 1645-1650
- Incidence of atrial fibrillation following transcatheter closure of atrial septal defects in adults.Am J Cardiol. 2008; 102: 902-906
- Complete isolation of left atrium surrounding the pulmonary veins: new insights from the double-Lasso technique in paroxysmal atrial fibrillation.Circulation. 2004; 110: 2090-2096
- Intracardiac echo-guided radiofrequency catheter ablation of atrial fibrillation in patients with atrial septal defect or patent foramen ovale repair: a feasibility, safety, and efficacy study.J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2008; 19: 1137-1142
- Transseptal access and atrial fibrillation ablation guided by intracardiac echocardiography in patients with atrial septal closure devices.Heart Rhythm. 2011; 8: 1669-1675
- A comparison of surgical and medical therapy for atrial septal defect in adults.N Engl J Med. 1995; 333: 469-473
- Left atrial remodeling in patients with atrial septal defects.Heart Rhythm. 2009; 6: 1000-1006
- Natural history of atrial septal defect.Br Heart J. 1970; 32: 820-826
- Transseptal approach in children after patch occlusion of atrial septal defect: first experience with the cutting balloon.Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 1999; 48: 378-381
- Novel trans-septal approach using a Safe Sept J-shaped guidewire in difficult left atrial access during atrial fibrillation ablation.Europace. 2009; 11: 657-659
- Radiofrequency current delivery via transseptal needle to facilitate septal puncture.Heart Rhythm. 2007; 4: 1573-1576
- The use of a radiofrequency needle improves the safety and efficacy of transseptal puncture for atrial fibrillation ablation.Heart Rhythm. 2011; 8: 1411-1415
- 18-year experience with transseptal procedures through baffles, conduits, and other intra-atrial patches.Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2000; 50 (discussion 40): 434-439
Dr Li and Dr Wissner contributed equally to this work.