Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Prevalence and causes of fatal outcome in catheter ablation of atrial fibrillation.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2009; 53: 1798-1803
- A nationwide survey on the prevalence of atrioesophageal fistula after left atrial radiofrequency catheter ablation.J Interv Card Electrophysiol. 2009; 24: 33-36
- Global survey of esophageal and gastric injury in atrial fibrillation ablation: incidence, time to presentation, and outcomes.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2015; 65: 1377-1378
- Long-term results of catheter ablation in paroxysmal atrial fibrillation: lessons from a 5-year follow-up.Circulation. 2010; 122: 2368-2377
- Paroxysmal AF catheter ablation with a contact force sensing catheter: results of the prospective, multicenter SMART-AF trial.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014; 64: 647-656
- Randomized, controlled trial of the safety and effectiveness of a contact force-sensing irrigated catheter for ablation of paroxysmal atrial fibrillation: results of the TactiCath Contact Force Ablation Catheter Study for Atrial Fibrillation (TOCCASTAR) Study.Circulation. 2015; 132: 907-915
- Use of contact force sensing technology during radiofrequency ablation reduces recurrence of atrial fibrillation: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Heart Rhythm. 2015; 12: 1990-1996
- The relationship between contact force and clinical outcome during radiofrequency catheter ablation of atrial fibrillation in the TOCCATA study.Heart Rhythm. 2012; 9: 1789-1795
- Electrical reconnection after pulmonary vein isolation is contingent on contact force during initial treatment: results from the EFFICAS I study.Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol. 2013; 6: 327-333
- Impact of contact force technology on atrial fibrillation ablation: a meta-analysis.J Am Heart Assoc. 2015; 4: e002476
- Esophageal injury during radiofrequency ablation for atrial fibrillation.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2001; 122: 1239-1240
- Relationship between catheter contact force and radiofrequency lesion lize and incidence of steam pop in the beating canine heart: electrogram amplitude, impedance, and electrode temperature are poor predictors of electrode-tissue contact force and lesion Size.Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol. 2014; 7: 1174-1180
- Importance of catheter contact force during irrigated radiofrequency ablation: evaluation in a porcine ex vivo model using a force-sensing catheter.J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2010; 21: 806-811
Bhaskaran A, Chik W, Pouliopoulos J, Nalliah C, Qian P, Barry T, Nadri F, Samanta R, Tran Y, Thomas S, Kovoor P, Thiagalingam A. Five seconds of 50-60 W radio frequency atrial ablations were transmural and safe: an in vitro mechanistic assessment and force-controlled in vivo validation [published online ahead of print May 20, 2016]. Europace.pii: euw077.
- Outcomes of atrioesophageal fistula following catheter ablation of atrial fibrillation treated with surgical repair versus esophageal stenting.J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2014; 25: 579-584
- Clinical outcomes after repair of left atrial esophageal fistulas occurring after atrial fibrillation ablation procedures.Heart Rhythm. 2013; 10: 1591-1597
- Atrioesophageal fistula following ablation procedures for atrial fibrillation: systematic review of case reports.Open Heart. 2015; 2: e000257
- Esophageal injury and temperature monitoring during atrial fibrillation ablation.Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol. 2008; 1: 162-168
- Esophageal capsule endoscopy after radiofrequency catheter ablation for atrial fibrillation: documented higher risk of luminal esophageal damage with general anesthesia as compared with conscious sedation.Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol. 2009; 2: 108-112
- Esophageal luminal temperature measurement underestimates esophageal tissue temperature during radiofrequency ablation within the canine left atrium: comparison between 8 mm tip and open irrigation catheters.J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2008; 19: 641-644
- Difference in thermodynamics between two types of esophageal temperature probes: insights from an experimental study.Heart Rhythm. 2016; 13: 2195-2200
- Higher incidence of esophageal lesions after ablation of atrial fibrillation related to the use of esophageal temperature probes.Heart Rhythm. 2015; 12: 1464-1469
- Effect of radiofrequency energy delivery in proximity to metallic medical device components.Heart Rhythm. 2015; 12: 2162-2169
- Unique device identification system; final rule.Fed Regist. 2013; 78: 58785-58828
- Safety and procedural success of left atrial appendage exclusion with the Lariat device: a systematic review of published reports and analytic review of the FDA MAUDE database.JAMA Intern Med. 2015; 175: 1104-1109
- Atrioesophageal fistula formation with cryoballoon ablation is most commonly related to the left inferior pulmonary vein.Heart Rhythm. 2017; 14: 184-189
Dr Pokorney receives research support from Boston Scientific, Gilead, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and the Food and Drug Administration as well as advisory board/consulting support from Boston Scientific, Medtronic, and Bristol-Myers Squibb. Dr Bahnson receives research funding from St. Jude Medical. Dr Daubert receives honoraria and/or research support from Boston Scientific, Biosense Webster, and St. Jude Medical. Dr Piccini receives research funding from Boston Scientific, Johnson & Johnson, and St. Jude Medical and provides consulting to Johnson & Johnson and Medtronic.