Purchase one-time access:Academic and Personal
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Percutaneous left atrial appendage closure vs warfarin for atrial fibrillation: a randomized clinical trial.JAMA. 2014; 312 ([correction published in JAMA 2015;313(10):1061]): 1988-1998
- The safety of percutaneous left atrial appendage closure: results from PROTECT-AF and the continued access registry.Circulation. 2011; 123: 417-424
- Post-FDA approval, initial US clinical experience with Watchman Left Atrial Appendage Closure for stroke prevention in atrial fibrillation.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017; 69: 253-261
- Prospective randomized evaluation of the Watchman Left Atrial Appendage Closure device in patients with atrial fibrillation versus long-term warfarin therapy: the PREVAIL trial.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014; 64: 1-12
Circulatory System Devices Panel: Watchman Left Atrial Appendage Closure Therapy Sponsor Presentation. 2014 FDA Circulatory System Devices Panel. Available at: https://wayback.archive-it.org/7993/20170114045413/http://www.fda.gov/downloads/AdvisoryCommittees/CommitteesMeetingMaterials/MedicalDevices/MedicalDevicesAdvisoryCommittee/CirculatorySystemDevicesPanel/UCM421983.pdf.
- Left atrial appendage closure as an alternative to warfarin for stroke prevention in atrial fibrillation: a patient-level meta-analysis.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2015; 65: 2614-2623
- Efficacy and safety of left atrial appendage closure with WATCHMAN in patients with or without contraindication to oral anticoagulation: 1-Year follow-up outcome data of the EWOLUTION trial.Heart Rhythm. 2017; 14: 1302-1308
- Left atrial appendage occlusion for stroke prevention in atrial fibrillation: multicentre experience with the AMPLATZER cardiac plug.EuroIntervention. 2016; 11: 1170-1179
Friedman DJ, Piccini JP, Wang T, et al. Comparative effectiveness of left atrial appendage occlusion among patients with atrial fibrillation undergoing concomitant cardiac surgery: a report from the Society of Thoracic Surgeons adult cardiac surgery database. Presented at: American College of Cardiology 66th Annual Scientific Session & Expo (ACC.17); Washington, DC, March 19, 2017. Available at: http://www.clinicaltrialresults.org/Slides/ACC2017/LAAO_CE_Friedman.pdf; Accessed October 16, 2017.
- Clinical outcomes and management associated with major bleeding in patients with atrial fibrillation treated with apixaban or warfarin: insights from the ARISTOTLE trial.Eur Heart J. 2015; 36: 1264-1272
- Left atrial appendage occlusion with the AMPLATZER Amulet device: Periprocedural and early clinical/echocardiographic data from a global prospective observational study.Eurointervention. 2017; 13: 867-876
- The clinical impact of incomplete left atrial appendage closure with the Watchman device in patients with atrial fibrillation: a PROTECT AF substudy.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2012; 59: 923-929
- Time to cost-effectiveness following stroke reduction strategies in AF: warfarin versus NOACs versus LAAC closure.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2015; 66: 2728-2739
Disclosures: VYR is a consultant to and has received grant support from Abbott, Biosense Webster, and Boston Scientific.