Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Atrial fibrillation as an independent risk factor for stroke: the Framingham Study.Stroke. 1991; 22: 983-988
- 2014 AHA/ACC/HRS guideline for the management of patients with atrial fibrillation: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines and the Heart Rhythm Society.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014; 64: e1-e76
- Prospective randomized evaluation of the Watchman Left Atrial Appendage Closure device in patients with atrial fibrillation versus long-term warfarin therapy: the PREVAIL trial.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014; 64: 1-12
- Percutaneous closure of the left atrial appendage versus warfarin therapy for prevention of stroke in patients with atrial fibrillation: a randomised non-inferiority trial.Lancet. 2009; 374: 534-542
- Use of intracardiac echocardiography during atrial fibrillation ablation.Pacing Clin Electrophysiol. 2013; 36: 781-788
- Safety and feasibility of day case patent foramen ovale (PFO) closure facilitated by intracardiac echocardiography.Int J Cardiol. 2009; 131: 438-440
- Intracardiac echocardiography during radiofrequency catheter ablation of cardiac arrhythmias in humans.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1994; 24: 1351-1357
- Transcatheter left atrial appendage closure using intracardiac echocardiographic guidance from the left atrium.Can J Cardiol. 2015; 31 (1497.e7–1497e.14)
- Periprocedural intracardiac echocardiography for left atrial appendage closure: a dual-center experience.JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2014; 7: 1036-1044
- Intracardiac echocardiography off piste? Closure of the left atrial appendage using ICE and local anesthesia.Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2011; 77: 124-127
- Use of intracardiac echocardiography to guide implantation of a left atrial appendage occlusion device (PLAATO).Heart Rhythm. 2007; 4: 567-571
- Intracardiac echocardiographic diagnosis of thrombus formation in the left atrial appendage: a complementary role to transesophageal echocardiography.Echocardiography. 2013; 30: 72-80
- Inpatient ratio of cost to charges. December 2017.https://rad.hhs.texas.gov/sites/rad/files/documents/hospital-svcs/2017/2017-12-inp-rcc.pdfDate: December 2017Date accessed: September 1, 2018
- Left atrial appendage closure under intracardiac echocardiographic guidance: Feasibility and comparison with transesophageal echocardiography.J Am Heart Assoc. 2016; : 5
- Intracardiac versus transesophageal echocardiography for left atrial appendage occlusion with Watchman.Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2017; 90: 331-338
- Scientific Initiative Committee European Heart Rhythm Association. Left atrial appendage closure—indications, techniques, and outcomes: results of the European Heart Rhythm Association Survey.Europace. 2015; 17: 642-646
- A prospective comparison of cardiac imaging using intracardiac echocardiography with transesophageal echocardiography in patients with atrial fibrillation: the intracardiac echocardiography guided cardioversion helps interventional procedures study.Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol. 2010; 3: 571-577
- Intracardiac versus transesophageal echocardiography to guide transcatheter closure of interatrial communications: nationwide trend and comparative analysis.J Interv Cardiol. 2017; 30: 234-241
- Why is intracardiac echocardiography helpful? Benefits, costs, and how to learn.Eur Heart J. 2014; 35: 69-76
Funded by the Lois and Carl Davis Centennial Chair, the Charles Burnett III endowment, the Antonio Pacifico fellowship fund, and NHLBI Grant R01HL115003 (MV). Dr Valderrábano has received consulting and speaking honoraria from Biosense Webster and Boston Scientific. Dr Reddy has served as a consultant to manufacturers of the Watchman device (Boston Scientific) and the ICE catheter (Biosense Webster); in addition, he has conflicts with other cardiovascular companies not related to this manuscript. A comprehensive list is given in the Supplemental Appendix.