Purchase one-time access:Academic and Personal
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Death without prior appropriate implantable cardioverter-defibrillator therapy: a competing risk study.Circulation. 2008; 117: 1918-1926
- Contemporary rates of appropriate shock therapy in patients who receive implantable device therapy in a real-world setting: from the Israeli ICD Registry.Heart Rhythm. 2015; 12: 2426-2433
- Primary prevention implantable cardioverter defibrillator recipients: the need for defibrillator back-up after an event-free first battery service-life.J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2011; 22: 1346-1350
- 2017 AHA/ACC/HRS guideline for management of patients with ventricular arrhythmias and the prevention of sudden cardiac death.Circulation. 2018; 138: e272-e391
- Amiodarone or an implantable cardioverter-defibrillator for congestive heart failure.N Engl J Med. 2005; 352: 225-237
- Prophylactic implantation of a defibrillator in patients with myocardial infarction and reduced ejection fraction.N Engl J Med. 2002; 346: 877-883
- Defibrillator implantation in patients with nonischemic systolic heart failure.N Engl J Med. 2016; 375: 1221-1230
- A randomized study of the prevention of sudden death in patients with coronary artery disease. Multicenter Unsustained Tachycardia Trial Investigators.N Engl J Med. 1999; 341: 1882-1890
- Risk stratification for sudden cardiac death: current status and challenges for the future.Eur Heart J. 2014; 35: 1642-1651
- Electrophysiological changes in heart failure and their implications for arrhythmogenesis.Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013; 1832: 2432-2441
- B-type natriuretic peptide is a major predictor of ventricular tachyarrhythmias.Heart Rhythm. 2014; 11: 1109-1116
- LGE and NT-proBNP identify low risk of death or arrhythmic events in patients with primary prevention ICDs.JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2014; 7: 561-569
- B-type natriuretic peptide predicts sudden death in patients with chronic heart failure.Circulation. 2002; 105: 2392-2397
- B-type natruiretic peptide levels stratify the risk for arrhythmia among implantable cardioverter defibrillator patients.Clin Cardiol. 2008; 31: 586-589
- Preimplantation B-type natriuretic peptide concentration is an independent predictor of future appropriate implantable defibrillator therapies.Heart. 2006; 92: 190-195
- Comparison of N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide versus electrophysiologic study for predicting future outcomes in patients with an implantable cardioverter defibrillator after myocardial infarction.Am J Cardiol. 2007; 100: 635-639
- Natriuretic peptides as predictors of non-sudden and sudden cardiac death after acute myocardial infarction in the beta-blocking era.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2004; 43: 757-763
- Biomarkers of myocardial stress and fibrosis as predictors of mode of death in patients with chronic heart failure.JACC Heart Fail. 2014; 2: 260-268
- Association of multiple biomarkers with risk of all-cause and cause-specific mortality after acute coronary syndromes: a secondary analysis of the PLATO biomarker study.JAMA Cardiol. 2018; 3: 1160-1166
- Effect of compensated renal dysfunction on approved heart failure markers: direct comparison of brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) and N-terminal pro-BNP.Hypertension. 2005; 46: 118-123
- N-terminal-pro-brain natriuretic peptide predicts outcome after hospital discharge in heart failure patients.Circulation. 2004; 110: 2168-2174
- The N-terminal Pro-BNP investigation of dyspnea in the emergency department (PRIDE) study.Am J Cardiol. 2005; 95: 948-954
- Left ventricular sphericity independently predicts appropriate implantable cardioverter-defibrillator therapy.Heart Rhythm. 2016; 13: 490-497
- Regional myocardial sympathetic denervation predicts the risk of sudden cardiac arrest in ischemic cardiomyopathy.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014; 63: 141-149
- Stretch-induced arrhythmias in the isolated canine ventricle. Evidence for the importance of mechanoelectrical feedback.Circulation. 1990; 81: 1094-1105
- Sensing pressure in the cardiovascular system: Gq-coupled mechanoreceptors and TRP channels.J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2010; 48: 83-89
- Effects of angiotensin-neprilysin inhibition compared to angiotensin inhibition on ventricular arrhythmias in reduced ejection fraction patients under continuous remote monitoring of implantable defibrillator devices.Heart Rhythm. 2018; 15: 395-402
Funding sources: The authors have no funding sources to disclose.
Disclosures: All authors have reported that they have no relationships relevant to the contents of this paper to disclose.