Purchase one-time access:Academic and Personal
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Catheter ablation of ventricular tachycardia in ischaemic and non-ischaemic cardiomyopathy: where are we today? A clinical review.Eur Heart J. 2012; 33: 1440-1450
- Outcomes in catheter ablation of ventricular tachycardia in dilated nonischemic cardiomyopathy compared with ischemic cardiomyopathy: results from the Prospective Heart Centre of Leipzig VT (HELP-VT) Study.Circulation. 2014; 129: 728-736
- Transcoronary ethanol ventricular tachycardia ablation in the modern electrophysiology era.Heart Rhythm. 2008; 5: 62-68
- Transcoronary ethanol ablation for recurrent ventricular tachycardia after failed catheter ablation: an update.Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol. 2011; 4: 889-896
- Bipolar irrigated radiofrequency ablation: a therapeutic option for refractory intramural atrial and ventricular tachycardia circuits.Heart Rhythm. 2012; 9: 1932-1941
- Large radiofrequency ablation lesions can be created with a retractable infusion-needle catheter.J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2006; 17: 657-661
- Initial human feasibility of infusion needle catheter ablation for refractory ventricular tachycardia.Circulation. 2013; 128: 2289-2295
- Irrigated needle ablation creates larger and more transmural ventricular lesions compared with standard unipolar ablation in an ovine model.Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol. 2015; 8: 1498-1506
- Deep ablation candidate of intra-scar circuit component: effect of scar penetrating ablation with a novel, saline irrigated needle catheter.Heart Rhythm. 2008; 5: S364
- Impact of a novel heated saline augmented needle tip catheter on improving ablative lesion penetration and eliminating deep tissue conducting channels in canine infarcts.Heart Rhythm. 2013; 10: S425-S426
- Characterization of warm saline-enhanced radiofrequency ablation lesions in the infarcted porcine ventricular myocardium.J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2014; 25: 309-316
- A novel rule-based algorithm for assigning myocardial fiber orientation to computational heart models.Ann Biomed Eng. 2012; 40: 2243-2254
- Analysis of catheter-tip (8-mm) and actual tissue temperatures achieved during radiofrequency ablation at the orifice of the pulmonary vein.Circulation. 2004; 110: 2988-2995
- Spatial and time-course thermodynamics during pulmonary vein isolation using the second-generation cryoballoon in a canine in vivo model.Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol. 2015; 8: 186-192
- Electroanatomic left ventricular mapping in the porcine model of healed anterior myocardial infarction. Correlation with intracardiac echocardiography and pathological analysis.Circulation. 1999; 100: 1744-1750
Curley MG, Hamilton PS, Walsh JT, Rappaport CM, Gu Z, Newman WH. Creation of large thermal lesions in liver using saline-enhanced RF ablation. Proceedings of the 19th Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society; Chicago, Illinois, 1997;6:2516–2519.
Funding sources: This study was funded by Thermedical. Dr Packer’s work is funded in part by a clinician investigator award from the Mayo Foundation .
Disclosures: Dr Packer reported receiving grants from the National Institutes of Health (NIH)/National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI), St Jude Medical Corporation and Foundation, Biosense Webster Inc, Medtronic Inc, and Boston Scientific Corp during the conduct of the study; receiving grants from Abbott, Biosense Webster Inc, Boston Scientific Corp, CardioFocus, Medtronic Inc, St Jude Medical, CardioInsight, NIH, Siemens , Thermedical, Endosense, Robertson Foundation , and Hansen Medical; serving on the advisory board without compensation for Abbott, Biosense Webster Inc, Boston Scientific Corp, CardioFocus, Medtronic Inc, Boston Scientific Medical, Spectrum Dynamics, Siemens, Thermedical, Johnson & Johnson , and SigNum Preemptive Healthcare Inc; speaking with honorarium from Biotronik and MediaSphere Medical LLC; and receiving royalties from Wiley & Sons, Oxford, and St Jude Medical. Dr Packer and Mayo Clinic jointly have equity in a privately held company, External Beam Ablation Medical Devices, outside the submitted work. Dr Packer has mapping technologies with royalties paid. All other authors have reported that they have no relationships relevant to the contents of this paper to disclose.