Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- 2017 HRS/EHRA/ECAS/APHRS/SOLAECE expert consensus statement on catheter and surgical ablation of atrial fibrillation: executive summary.J Arrhythm. 2017; 33: 369-409
- Spontaneous initiation of atrial fibrillation by ectopic beats originating in the pulmonary veins.N Engl J Med. 1998; 339: 659-666
- Randomized ablation strategies for the treatment of persistent atrial fibrillation: RASTA study.Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol. 2012; 5: 287-294
- Approaches to catheter ablation for persistent atrial fibrillation.N Engl J Med. 2015; 372: 1812-1822
- Retrograde ethanol infusion in the vein of Marshall: regional left atrial ablation, vagal denervation and feasibility in humans.Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol. 2009; 2: 50-56
- Ethanol infusion in the vein of Marshall leads to parasympathetic denervation of the human left atrium: implications for atrial fibrillation.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014; 63: 1892-1901
- Role of the vein of Marshall in atrial fibrillation recurrences after catheter ablation: therapeutic effect of ethanol infusion.J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2012; 23: 583-591
- Ethanol infusion in the vein of Marshall facilitates mitral isthmus ablation.Heart Rhythm. 2012; 9: 1207-1215
- Effect of catheter ablation with vein of Marshall ethanol infusion vs catheter ablation alone on persistent atrial fibrillation: the VENUS randomized clinical trial.JAMA. 2020; 324: 1620-1628
- Vein of Marshall ethanol infusion for persistent atrial fibrillation: VENUS and MARS clinical trial design.Am Heart J. 2019; 215: 52-61
- The human left atrial venous circulation as a vascular route for atrial pharmacological therapies: effects of ethanol infusion.JACC Clin Electrophysiol. 2017; 3: 1020-1032
- Peri-mitral atrial flutter in patients with atrial fibrillation ablation.Heart Rhythm. 2010; 7: 2-8
- Characterization of conduction recovery across left atrial linear lesions in patients with paroxysmal and persistent atrial fibrillation.J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2006; 17: 1106-1111
- Impact of vein of Marshall ethanol infusion on mitral isthmus block: efficacy and durability.Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol. 2020; 13e008884
Funding sources: This work was supported
by the National Institutes of Health/National Heart Lung and Blood Institute (NIH/NHLBI R01HL115003 ); the sponsor had no role in the design and conduct of the study; the collection, management, analysis, and interpretation of the data; the preparation, review, or approval of the manuscript; or in the decision to submit the manuscript for publication.
Disclosures: The authors have no conflicts of interest to disclose.