Purchase one-time access:Academic and Personal
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Clinical neurocardiology defining the value of neuroscience-based cardiovascular therapeutics.J Physiol. 2016; 594: 3911-3954
- Potential clinical relevance of the ‘little brain’ on the mammalian heart.Exp Physiol. 2008; 93: 165-176
- A coupled SYSTEM of intracellular Ca2+ clocks and surface membrane voltage clocks control the timekeeping mechanism of the heart’s pacemaker.Circ Res. 2010; 106: 659-673
- Minding the gaps that link intrinsic circadian clock within the heart to its intrinsic ultradian pacemaker clocks: focus on “The cardiomyocyte molecular clock, regulation of Scn5A, arrhythmia susceptibility.Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2013; 304: C941-C944
- A circadian clock in the sinus node mediates day-night rhythms in Hcn4 and heart rate.Heart Rhythm. 2021; 18: 801-810
- Positive feedback mechanisms among local Ca releases, NCX, and ICaL ignite pacemaker action potentials.Biophys J. 2018; 114: 1176-1189
- A coupled-clock system drives the automaticity of human sinoatrial nodal pacemaker cells.Sci Signal. 2018; 11eaap7608
Sirenko ST, Tsutsui K, Tarasov K, et al. Self-similar synchronization of calcium and membrane potential transitions during AP cycles predict HR across species [published online ahead of print December 22, 2020]. bioRxiv. https://doi.org/10.1101/2020.10.26.355412.
Yang D, Lyashkov AE, Morrell CH, et al. Self-similar action potential cycle-to-cycle variability of Ca2+ and current oscillators in cardiac pacemaker cells [published online ahead of print September 2, 2020]. bioRxiv. https://doi.org/10.1101/2020.09.01.277756.
- The sinus node: still mysterious after all these years.JACC Clin Electrophysiol. 2020; 6: 1841-1843
- Reprogramming paces the heart.Nat Biotechnol. 2013; 31: 31-32
- Synchronized cardiac impulses emerge from heterogeneous local calcium signals within and among cells of pacemaker tissue.JACC Clin Electrophysiol. 2020; 6: 907-931
- Direct activation of cardiac pacemaker channels by intracellular cyclic AMP.Nature. 1991; 351: 145-147
- cAMP-dependent regulation of HCN4 controls the tonic entrainment process in sinoatrial node pacemaker cells.Nat Commun. 2020; 11: 5555
- Regulation of basal and reserve cardiac pacemaker function by interactions of cAMP-mediated PKA-dependent Ca2+ cycling with surface membrane channels.J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2009; 47: 456-474
- Synergism of coupled subsarcolemmal Ca2+ clocks and sarcolemmal voltage clocks confers robust and flexible pacemaker function in a novel pacemaker cell model.Am J Physiol. 2009; 296: H594-H615
Funding sources: The author has no funding sources to disclose.
Disclosures: The author has no conflicts of interest to disclose.