Purchase one-time access:Academic and Personal
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Worldwide epidemiology of atrial fibrillation: a Global Burden of Disease 2010 Study.Circulation. 2014; 129: 837-847
- Estimates of current and future incidence and prevalence of atrial fibrillation in the U.S. adult population.Am J Cardiol. 2013; 112: 1142-1147
- Epidemiology of atrial fibrillation: European perspective.Clin Epidemiol. 2014; 6: 213-220
- An update on the prognosis of patients with atrial fibrillation.Circulation. 2012; 126: e143-e146
- Distribution and risk profile of paroxysmal, persistent, and permanent atrial fibrillation in routine clinical practice: insight from the real- life global survey evaluating patients with atrial fibrillation international registry.Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol. 2012; 5: 632-639
- Haemodynamic effects of an irregular sequence of ventricular cycle lengths during atrial fibrillation.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1997; 30: 1039-1045
- Thrombosis in hospitalized patients with COVID-19 in a New York City health system.JAMA. 2020; 324: 799-801
- Using the standardized difference to compare the prevalence of a binary variable between two groups in observational research.Commun Stat Simul Comput. 2009; 38: 1228-1234
- Comparing paired vs non-paired statistical methods of analyses when making inferences about absolute risk reductions in propensity-score matched samples.Stat Med. 2011; 30: 1292-1301
- Comorbidity and its impact on patients with COVID-19 [published online ahead of print June 25, 2020]. SN Compr Clin Med.
- Atrial fibrillation among Medicare beneficiaries hospitalized with sepsis: incidence and risk factors.Am Heart J. 2013; 165: 949-955.e3
- Incident stroke and mortality associated with new-onset atrial fibrillation in patients hospitalized with severe sepsis.JAMA. 2011; 306: 2248-2254
- COVID-19 and cardiac arrhythmias.Heart Rhythm. 2020; 17: 1439-1444
- Impact of atrial fibrillation on the risk of death: the Framingham Heart Study.Circulation. 1998; 98: 946-952
- A population-based study of the long-term risks associated with atrial fibrillation: 20-year follow-up of the Renfrew/Paisley study.Am J Med. 2002; 113: 359-364
- All-cause mortality in 272,186 patients hospitalized with incident atrial fibrillation 1995-2008: a Swedish nationwide long-term case- control study.Eur Heart J. 2013; 34: 1061-1067
- Presence of atrial fibrillation is independently associated with adverse outcomes in patients hospitalized with heart failure: an analysis of Get With The Guidelines-Heart Failure.Circ Heart Fail. 2012; 5: 191-201
- New-onset atrial fibrillation in sepsis is associated with increased morbidity and mortality.Neth Heart J. 2015; 23: 82-88
- Atrial fibrillation is more frequent in patients with severe sepsis and septic shock predicts a worse outcome.Chest. 2010; 138: 899
- Incidence and prognosis of atrial fibrillation in patients with sepsis.Cardiol Res. 2011; 2: 293-297
- Prognostic impact of types of atrial fibrillation in acute coronary syndromes.Am J Cardiol. 2009; 104: 1317-1323
- C-reactive protein: a promising biomarker for poor prognosis in COVID-19 infection.Clin Chim Acta. 2020; 509: 91-94
- Value of leukocytosis and elevated C-reactive protein in predicting severe coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19): a systematic review and meta-analysis.Clin Chim Acta. 2020; 509: 235-243
- D-dimer as a biomarker for disease severity and mortality in COVID-19 patients: a case control study.J Intensive Care. 2020; 8: 49
- It takes two: endothelial-perivascular cell cross-talk in vascular development and disease.Front Cardiovasc Med. 2018; 5: 154
- Capillary and arteriolar pericytes attract innate leukocytes exiting through venules and ‘instruct’ them with pattern-recognition and motility programs.Nat Immunol. 2013; 14: 41-51
- Immune functions and properties of resident cells in the heart and cardiovascular system: pericytes.Adv Exp Med Biol. 2017; 1003: 93-103
- Microvascular responses to cardiovascular risk factors.Microcirculation. 2010; 17: 192-205
- Angiotensin-(1-7) and angiotensin-(1-9): function in cardiac and vascular remodelling.Clin Sci (Lond). 2014; 126: 815-827
- Distinct patterns of atrial electrical and structural remodeling in angiotensin II mediated atrial fibrillation.J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2018; 124: 12-25
Funding sources: The authors have no funding sources to disclose.
Disclosures: The authors have no conflicts of interest to disclose.