Purchase one-time access:Academic and Personal
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Schwartz RS, Holmes DR, Van Tassel RA, et al. Left atrial appendage obliteration: mechanisms of healing and intracardiac integration. JACC Cardiovasc Interv 2010;3:870–877.
- The PROTECT AF (WATCHMAN Left Atrial Appendage System for Embolic PROTECTion in Patients with Atrial Fibrillation) trial.Am Heart J. 2006; 151: 956-961
- Prospective randomized evaluation of the Watchman Left Atrial Appendage Closure device in patients with atrial fibrillation versus long-term warfarin therapy: the PREVAIL trial.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014; 64: 1-12
- Left atrial appendage closure versus direct oral anticoagulants in high-risk patients with atrial fibrillation.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2020; 75: 3122-3135
- Delayed endothelialization of Watchman device identified with cardiac CT.J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2019; 30: 1319-1324
- Watchman occlusion in long-standing persistent atrial fibrillation: larger left atrial appendages with greater residual leak.JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2019; 12: 1018-1026
- The clinical impact of incomplete left atrial appendage closure with the Watchman device in patients with atrial fibrillation: a PROTECT AF (Percutaneous Closure of the Left Atrial Appendage Versus Warfarin Therapy for Prevention of Stroke in Patients With Atrial Fibrillation) substudy.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2012; 59: 923-929
- Percutaneous closure of peridevice leak after left atrial appendage occlusion.JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2018; 11: e83-e85
- Percutaneous left atrial appendage closure in a patient with haemophilia and atrial fibrillation: a case report.Eur Heart J Case Rep. 2019; 3: ytz124
- First experience of transcatheter leak occlusion with detachable coils following left atrial appendage closure.JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2020; 13: 306-319
- The Watchman FLX—a new device for left atrial appendage occlusion—design, potential benefits and first clinical experience.Postepy Kardiol Interwencyjnej. 2017; 13: 62-66
- The NCDR Left Atrial Appendage Occlusion Registry.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2020; 75: 1503-1518
- Association between incomplete surgical ligation of left atrial appendage and stroke and systemic embolization.Heart Rhythm. 2015; 12: 1431-1437
- Endocardial (Watchman) vs epicardial (Lariat) left atrial appendage exclusion devices: understanding the differences in the location and type of leaks and their clinical implications.Heart Rhythm. 2015; 12: 1501-1507
- The association between Watchman leak severity and ischemic stroke. Paper presented at: Heart Rhythm Society’s 39th Annual Scientific Sessions.2018 (May 9–12, Boston, MA)
- Reoccurrence of stroke in a patient with peri-device leak of WATCHMAN device.J Investig Med High Impact Case Rep. 2020; 8 (2324709620947622)
- Intraprocedural and long-term incomplete occlusion of the left atrial appendage following placement of the WATCHMAN device: a single center experience.J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2012; 23: 455-461
- In-vitro thrombogenicity assessment of polymer filament modified and native platinum embolic coils.J Neurol Sci. 2014; 339: 97-101
- Epidemiological characteristics of lacunar infarcts in a population.Stroke. 1991; 22: 1236-1241
Funding sources: The authors have no funding sources to disclose.
Disclosures: Dr Srinivas Dukkipati reports no disclosures relevant to appendage coiling but owns equity in Farapulse and Manual Surgical Sciences, which have interests related to the treatment of atrial fibrillation. Dr Vivek Y. Reddy is an unpaid consultant to Boston Scientific and Abbott. The rest of the authors report no conflicts of interest. Other disclosures unrelated to this article are viewable in the Online Supplement.