Purchase one-time access:Academic and Personal
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- 2017 HRS expert consensus statement on cardiovascular implantable electronic device lead management and extraction.Heart Rhythm. 2017; 14: e503-e551
- Outcomes of patients requiring emergent surgical or endovascular intervention for catastrophic complications during transvenous lead extraction.Heart Rhythm. 2014; 11: 419-425
- Incidence and predictors of perioperative complications with transvenous lead extractions: real-world experience with National Cardiovascular Data Registry.Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol. 2018; 11: 1-12
- Transvenous lead extraction: Heart Rhythm Society expert consensus on facilities, training, indications, and patient management: this document was endorsed by the American Heart Association (AHA).Heart Rhythm. 2009; 6: 1085-1104
- Procedural outcomes and long-term survival associated with lead extraction in patients with abandoned leads.Heart Rhythm. 2018; 15: 855-859
- Bridge to surgery: best practice protocol derived from early clinical experience with the Bridge Occlusion Balloon. Federated Agreement from the Eleventh Annual Lead Management Symposium.Heart Rhythm. 2017; 14: 1574-1578
- Transvenous lead extraction at the time of cardiac implantable electronic device upgrade: complexity, safety, and outcomes.Heart Rhythm. 2017; 14: 1807-1811
- A strategy of lead abandonment in a large cohort of patients with Sprint Fidelis leads.JACC Clin Electrophysiol. 2019; 5: 1059-1067
- Trends in use and adverse outcomes associated with transvenous lead removal in the United States.Circulation. 2015; 132: 2363-2371
- Lead extraction in the contemporary setting: the LExICon study: an observational retrospective study of consecutive laser lead extractions.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2010; 55: 579-586
- Clinical predictors of adverse patient outcomes in an experience of more than 5000 chronic endovascular pacemaker and defibrillator lead extractions.Heart Rhythm. 2014; 11: 799-805
- Preprocedural computed tomography before cardiac implanted electronic device lead extraction: indication, technique, and approach to interpretation.J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2020; 31: 723-732
- Characterization of lead adherence using intravascular ultrasound to assess difficulty of transvenous lead extraction.Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol. 2020; 13e007726
- Utility of intracardiac echocardiography during transvenous lead extraction.Heart Rhythm. 2017; 14: 1779-1785
- RIsk Stratification prior to lead Extraction and impact on major intraprocedural complications (RISE protocol).J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2019; 30: 2453-2459
- Efficacy and safety of transvenous lead extraction in the device laboratory and operating room guided by a novel risk stratification scheme.JACC Clin Electrophysiol. 2019; 5: 174-182
Funding sources: This research did not receive any specific grant from funding agencies in the public, commercial, or not-for-profit sectors.
Disclosures: The authors have no conflicts of interest to disclose.