Purchase one-time access:Academic and Personal
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Inherited cardiac arrhythmias.Nat Rev Dis Primers. 2020; 6: 58
- Gene-specific therapy with mexiletine reduces arrhythmic events in patients with long QT syndrome type 3.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2016; 67: 1053-1058
- Association of long QT syndrome loci and cardiac events among patients treated with β-blockers.JAMA. 2004; 292: 1341-1344
- Clinical aspects of type 3 long-QT syndrome: an international multicenter study.Circulation. 2016; 134: 872-882
- Genotype-phenotype correlation in the long-QT syndrome: gene-specific triggers for life-threatening arrhythmias.Circulation. 2001; 103: 89-95
- Congenital long QT syndrome and 2:1 atrioventricular block with a mutation of the SCN5A gene.Pediatr Cardiol. 2003; 24: 70-72
- Contribution of sodium channel mutations to bradycardia and sinus node dysfunction in LQT3 families.Circ Res. 2003; 92: 976-983
- Cardiac standstill as a cause of death in long QT syndrome.Isr J Med Sci. 1987; 23: 302-304
- Who are the long-QT syndrome patients who receive an implantable cardioverter-defibrillator and what happens to them? Data from the European Long-QT Syndrome Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillator (LQTS ICD) Registry.Circulation. 2010; 122: 1272-1282
- Implantable cardioverter defibrillator therapy for congenital long QT syndrome: a single-center experience.Heart Rhythm. 2010; 7: 1616-1622
- MY APPROACH to treatment of the congenital long QT syndromes.Trends Cardiovasc Med. 2015; 25: 67-69
- Left cardiac sympathetic denervation in long QT syndrome: analysis of therapeutic nonresponders.Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol. 2013; 6: 705-711
- Genotype predicts outcomes in fetuses and neonates with severe congenital long QT syndrome.JACC Clin Electrophysiol. 2020; 6: 1561-1570
- Cardiac transplantation in children and adolescents with long QT syndrome.Heart Rhythm. 2017; 14: 1182-1188
- Contemporary outcomes in patients with long QT syndrome.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017; 70: 453-462
- International Long-QT Syndrome Registry Research Group. Influence of the genotype on the clinical course of the long-QT syndrome.N Engl J Med. 1998; 339: 960-965
- 2015 ESC Guidelines for the management of patients with ventricular arrhythmias and the prevention of sudden cardiac death: the Task Force for the Management of Patients with Ventricular Arrhythmias and the Prevention of Sudden Cardiac Death of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC). Endorsed by: Association for European Paediatric and Congenital Cardiology (AEPC).Eur Heart J. 2015; 36: 2793-2867
- Intravenous lidocaine.Best Pract Res Clin Anaesthesiol. 2017; 31: 513-521
- Genotype- and phenotype-guided management of congenital long QT syndrome.Curr Probl Cardiol. 2013; 38: 417-455
- Gating properties of SCN5A mutations and the response to mexiletine in long-QT syndrome type 3 patients.Circulation. 2007; 116: 1137-1144
- Purkinje system hyperexcitability and ventricular arrhythmia risk in type 3 long QT syndrome.Heart Rhythm. 2020; 17: 1768-1776
- Impact of intravenous lidocaine infusion on postoperative analgesia and recovery from surgery: a systematic review of randomized controlled trials.Drugs. 2010; 70: 1149-1163
- Population pharmacokinetics of lidocaine administered during and after cardiac surgery.J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2011; 25: 931-936
Funding Sources: This study was supported by the Mayo Clinic Windland Smith Rice Comprehensive Sudden Cardiac Death Program (Dr Ackerman), the Dr Scholl Foundation (Dr Ackerman), and the Mayo Clinic Center for Translational Science Activities through grant number UL1TR002377 from the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences , a component of the National Institutes of Health .
Disclosures: Dr Ackerman is a consultant to Abbott, ARMGO Pharma, Audentes Therapeutics, Boston Scientific, Daiichi Sankyo, Invitae, LQT Therapeutics, Medtronic, MyoKardia, and UptoDate. Dr Ackerman and Mayo Clinic are involved in an equity/royalty relationship with AliveCor. However, none of these entities were involved in this study. The rest of the authors report no conflicts of interest.