- Intra-tracheal gene delivery of aerosolized SERCA2a to the lung suppresses ventricular arrhythmias in a model of pulmonary arterial hypertension.J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2019; 127: 20-30
- The monocrotaline model of pulmonary hypertension in perspective.Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2012; 302: L363-L369
- Bioactivation of monocrotaline by P-450 3A in rat liver.J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 1997; 30: 124-129
- Activation and pulmonary toxicity of pyrrolizidine alkaloids.Pharmacol Ther. 1990; 47: 371-389
- Pneumonectomy combined with SU5416 induces severe pulmonary hypertension in rats.Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2016; 310: L1088-L1097
- The angiogenesis inhibitor SU5416 has long-lasting effects on vascular endothelial growth factor receptor phosphorylation and function.Clin Cancer Res. 2000; 6: 4848-4858
- SU5416, a VEGF receptor inhibitor and ligand of the AHR, represents a new alternative for immunomodulation.PLoS One. 2012; 7e44547
- The effects of antiangiogenic compound SU5416 in a rat model of pulmonary arterial hypertension.Respiration. 2011; 81: 253-261
- Inhibition of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor under hypoxia causes severe, human-like pulmonary arterial hypertension in mice: potential roles of interleukin-6 and endothelin.Life Sci. 2014; 118: 313-328
- Severe pulmonary arterial hypertension induced by SU5416 and ovalbumin immunization.Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2012; 47: 679-687
Katz MG, Fargnoli AS, Gubara SM, et al. The left pneumonectomy combined with monocrotaline or Sugen as a model of pulmonary hypertension in rats. J Vis Exp 2019;(145):10.3791/59050.
- Mechanoelectrical remodeling and arrhythmias during progression of hypertrophy.FASEB J. 2010; 24: 451-463
- The classically cardioprotective agent diazoxide elicits arrhythmias in type 2 diabetes mellitus.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2015; 66: 1144-1156
- Mechanisms underlying conduction slowing and arrhythmogenesis in nonischemic dilated cardiomyopathy.Circ Res. 2004; 95: 717-725
- Dynamic changes in conduction velocity and gap junction properties during development of pacing-induced heart failure.Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2007; 293: H1223-H1230
- Pathophysiology, incidence, management, and consequences of cardiac arrhythmia in pulmonary arterial hypertension and chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension.Pulm Circ. 2019; 9 (2045894019834890)
- Arrhythmias in pulmonary arterial hypertension.Prog Cardiovasc Dis. 2012; 55: 180-186
- Arrhythmogenic substrate in hearts of rats with monocrotaline-induced pulmonary hypertension and right ventricular hypertrophy.Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2011; 300: H2230-H2237
- Systems approach to the study of stretch and arrhythmias in right ventricular failure induced in rats by monocrotaline.Prog Biophys Mol Biol. 2014; 115: 162-172
- Cardiac arrhythmia mechanisms in rats with heart failure induced by pulmonary hypertension.Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2012; 302: H2381-H2395
- Right ventricular electrical remodeling and arrhythmogenic substrate in rat pulmonary hypertension.Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2013; 49: 426-436
- Spontaneous ventricular fibrillation in right ventricular failure secondary to chronic pulmonary hypertension.Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol. 2012; 5: 181-190
- Transmural electrophysiological heterogeneities underlying arrhythmogenesis in heart failure.Circ Res. 2003; 93: 638-645
- Cellular basis of biventricular hypertrophy and arrhythmogenesis in dogs with chronic complete atrioventricular block and acquired torsade de pointes.Circulation. 1998; 98: 1136-1147
- Microvolt T-wave alternans profile in patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension.Int J Cardiol. 2014; 176: 1294-1296
- Microvolt T-wave alternans profiles in patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension compared to patients with left ventricular systolic dysfunction and a group of healthy volunteers.Anatol J Cardiol. 2016; 16: 825-830
- Excitation-contraction coupling and relaxation alteration in right ventricular remodelling caused by pulmonary arterial hypertension.Arch Cardiovasc Dis. 2020; 113: 70-84
Funding Sources: This work was supported by grants NIH 1R01HL149344, NIH 1R01HL148008, and NIH 1R01HL137259 (to Dr Akar) and NIH K01 HL135474, AHA-18IPA34170258, and AHA-20TPA35520000 (to Dr Sassi).
Disclosures: The authors have no conflicts of interest to disclose.
Drs Akar and Sassi contributed equally to this work.