- Patients’ experiences of living with atrial fibrillation: a mixed methods study.Cardiol Res Pract. 2019; 2019: 6590358
- Association between atrial fibrillation symptoms, quality of life, and patient outcomes: results from the Outcomes Registry for Better Informed Treatment of Atrial Fibrillation (ORBIT-AF).Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2015; 8: 393-402
- Drivers of hospitalization for patients with atrial fibrillation: results from the Outcomes Registry for Better Informed Treatment of Atrial Fibrillation (ORBIT-AF).Am Heart J. 2014; 167: 735-742.e732
- 2020 ESC Guidelines for the diagnosis and management of atrial fibrillation developed in collaboration with the European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery (EACTS).Eur Heart J. 2021; 42: 373-498
- 2014 AHA/ACC/HRS guideline for the management of patients with atrial fibrillation: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on practice guidelines and the Heart Rhythm Society.Circulation. 2014; 130: e199-e267
- 2017 HRS/EHRA/ECAS/APHRS/SOLAECE expert consensus statement on catheter and surgical ablation of atrial fibrillation.Europace. 2018; 20: e1-e160
- Cryoablation or drug therapy for initial treatment of atrial fibrillation.N Engl J Med. 2021; 384: 305-315
- Cryoballoon ablation as initial therapy for atrial fibrillation.N Engl J Med. 2021; 384: 316-324
- Cryoballoon ablation vs. antiarrhythmic drugs: first-line therapy for patients with paroxysmal atrial fibrillation.Europace. 2021; 23: 1033-1041
- Defining clinically important difference in the Atrial Fibrillation Effect on Quality-of-Life Score.Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2019; 12e005358
- Interpreting changes in quality of life in atrial fibrillation: how much change is meaningful?.Am Heart J. 2013; 166: 381-387.e388
- Quality of life in patients with atrial fibrillation: how to assess it and how to improve it.Europace. 2014; 16: 787-796
- Development and validation of the Atrial Fibrillation Effect on QualiTy-of-Life (AFEQT) Questionnaire in patients with atrial fibrillation.Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol. 2011; 4: 15-25
- Discerning the incidence of symptomatic and asymptomatic episodes of atrial fibrillation before and after catheter ablation (DISCERN AF): a prospective, multicenter study.JAMA Intern Med. 2013; 173: 149-156
- Quality of life in atrial fibrillation: measurement tools and impact of interventions.J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2008; 19: 762-768
- Radiofrequency ablation as initial therapy in paroxysmal atrial fibrillation.N Engl J Med. 2012; 367: 1587-1595
- Radiofrequency ablation vs antiarrhythmic drugs as first-line treatment of symptomatic atrial fibrillation: a randomized trial.JAMA. 2005; 293: 2634-2640
- Radiofrequency ablation vs antiarrhythmic drugs as first-line treatment of paroxysmal atrial fibrillation (RAAFT-2): a randomized trial.JAMA. 2014; 311: 692-700
- Quality of life and health care utilization in the CIRCA-DOSE Study.JACC Clin Electrophysiol. 2020; 6: 935-944
- Catheter ablation or medical therapy to delay progression of atrial fibrillation: the randomized controlled atrial fibrillation progression trial (ATTEST).Europace. 2021; 23: 362-369
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Funding Sources: The STOP AF FIRST trial was funded by Medtronic.
Disclosures: Dr Wazni is a consultant and speaker for Boston Scientific and Biosense Webster. Dr Dandamudi is a consultant for Medtronic and Abbott and serves on advisory boards for Medtronic, Biotronik, and Abbott. Dr Sood receives research grant support from Medtronic. Dr Hoyt is a speaker and consultant for Abbott and serves on advisory boards for Medtronic. Dr Niebauer serves on a data safety monitoring board for Medtronic. Dr Makati receives research grant support from AtriCure, Boston Scientific, and Medtronic and is a consultant, advisor, and speaker for AtriCure, Boston Scientific, Medtronic, and Abbott. Dr Gauri is a consultant for Medtronic, AtriCure, and iRhythm. Dr Morales is the recipient of a research grant from Medtronic. Ms Pouliot and Dr Kaplon are employed by and stockholders of Medtronic. The rest of the authors report no conflicts of interest.
ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT03118518.