- Alcohol consumption and cardiovascular mortality among U.S. adults, 1987 to 2002.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2010; 55: 1328-1335
- Access to alcohol and heart disease among patients in hospital: observational cohort study using differences in alcohol sales laws.BMJ. 2016; 353: i2714
- Acute consumption of alcohol and discrete atrial fibrillation events.Ann Intern Med. 2021; 174: 1503-1509
- Alcohol abstinence in drinkers with atrial fibrillation.N Engl J Med. 2020; 382: 20-28
- A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of intravenous alcohol to assess changes in atrial electrophysiology.JACC Clin Electrophysiol. 2021; 7: 662-670
- Arrhythmias and the “Holiday Heart”: alcohol-associated cardiac rhythm disorders.Am Heart J. 1978; 95: 555-562
- Consumption and risk of ventricular arrhythmias and sudden cardiac death: an observational study of 408,712 individuals.Heart Rhythm. 2021; (XX:XX–XX)
- Long-term trends (1994-2011) and predictors of total alcohol and alcoholic beverages consumption: the EPIC Greece cohort.Nutrients. 2021; 13: 3077
- Underreporting in alcohol surveys: whose drinking is underestimated?.J Stud Alcohol Drugs. 2015; 76: 158-164
- Limited accuracy of administrative data for the identification and classification of adult congenital heart disease.J Am Heart Assoc. 2018; 7e007378
- Prospective countywide surveillance and autopsy characterization of sudden cardiac death: POST SCD Study.Circulation. 2018; 137: 2689-2700
- Perceptions, information sources, and behavior regarding alcohol and heart health.Am J Cardiol. 2015; 116: 642-646
- Alcohol abuse and cardiac disease.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017; 69: 13-24
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Funding Sources: The authors have no funding sources to disclose.
Disclosures: Dr Marcus receives research funding from the National Institutes of Health , PCORI, and Baylis Medical; is a consultant for Johnson & Johnson Johnson & Johnson and InCarda; and holds equity in InCarda. Dr Howell reports no conflicts of interest.