Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Predictive analytics for identification of patients at risk for QT interval prolongation: a systematic review.Pharmacotherapy. 2018; 38: 813-821
- Nontranscriptional regulation of cardiac repolarization currents by testosterone.Circulation. 2005; 112: 1701-1710
- Testosterone diminishes the proarrhythmic effects of dofetilide in normal female rabbits.Circulation. 2002; 106: 2132-2136
- In silico prediction of sex-Based differences in human susceptibility to cardiac ventricular tachyarrhythmias.Front Physiol. 2012; 3: 360
- The regulation of the small-conductance calcium-activated potassium current and the mechanisms of sex dimorphism in J wave syndrome.Pflugers Arch. 2021; 473: 491-506
- Simultaneous activation of the small conductance calcium-activated potassium current by acetylcholine and inhibition of sodium current by ajmaline cause J-wave syndrome in Langendorff-perfused rabbit ventricles.Heart Rhythm. 2021; 18: 98-108
- Concomitant SK current activation and sodium current inhibition cause J wave syndrome.JCI Insight. 2018; 3e122329
- Sex-specific activation of SK current by isoproterenol facilitates action potential triangulation and arrhythmogenesis in rabbit ventricles.J Physiol. 2018; 596: 4299-4322
- Testosterone rapidly increases Ca(2+)-activated K(+) currents causing hyperpolarization in human coronary artery endothelial cells.J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2017; 168: 118-126
- Sex differences in the mechanisms underlying long QT syndrome.Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2014; 307: H640-H648
- The health of normally aging men: the Massachusetts Male Aging Study (1987–2004).Exp Gerontol. 2004; 39: 975-984
- Cellular basis for the ECG features of the LQT1 form of the long-QT syndrome: effects of beta-adrenergic agonists and antagonists and sodium channel blockers on transmural dispersion of repolarization and torsade de pointes.Circulation. 1998; 98: 2314-2322
- Two components of cardiac delayed rectifier K+ current. Differential sensitivity to block by class III antiarrhythmic agents.J Gen Physiol. 1990; 96: 195-215
- Heterogeneous distribution of the two components of delayed rectifier K+ current: a potential mechanism of the proarrhythmic effects of methanesulfonanilide class III agents.Cardiovasc Res. 1999; 43: 135-147
- Accumulation of slowly activating delayed rectifier potassium current (IKs) in canine ventricular myocytes.J Physiol. 2003; 551: 777-786
- Pharmacological block of the slow component of the outward delayed rectifier current (I(Ks)) fails to lengthen rabbit ventricular muscle QT(c) and action potential duration.Br J Pharmacol. 2001; 132: 101-110
- In vivo androgen treatment shortens the QT interval and increases the densities of inward and delayed rectifier potassium currents in orchiectomized male rabbits.Cardiovasc Res. 2003; 57: 28-36
- Sex hormones prolong the QT interval and downregulate potassium channel expression in the rabbit heart.Circulation. 1996; 94: 1471-1474
- Cross talk between renal and cardiac autonomic nerves: is this how renal denervation works?.J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2014; 25: 1257-1258
- The impact of testosterone on the QT interval: a systematic review.Curr Probl Cardiol. 2021 May 8; 100882
- Effects of testosterone replacement on electrocardiographic parameters in men: findings from two randomized trials.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2017; 102: 1478-1485
- Effect of transdermal testosterone and oral progesterone on drug-induced QT interval lengthening in older men: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled crossover-design study.Circulation. 2019; 140: 1127-1129
- Sex hormones and repolarization dynamics during the menstrual cycle in women with congenital long QT syndrome.Heart Rhythm. 2022 May; (5:S1547-5271(22)01953-1)
Funding Sources: This work was supported by National Institutes of Health, United States Grants R01 HL139829, OT2OD028190, R01HL153114, OT2OD028183, and R01HL158952; Department of Defense, United States Office of the Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs ( CDMRP ), United States under Award Number W81XWH-20-1-0725; American Heart Association, United States Grant 18TPA34170284; the Dr. Charles Fisch Cardiovascular Research Award endowed by Dr. Suzanne B. Knoebel of the Krannert Institute of Cardiology; and the Burn & Allen Chair in Cardiology Research of the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.
Disclosures: The authors have no conflicts of interest to disclose.
This manuscript was processed by a Guest Editor.