For the past 2 decades, pulmonary vein isolation (PVI) has been established as the cornerstone of catheter ablation in atrial fibrillation (AF). Whereas PVI alone in paroxysmal AF was well-investigated, ablation targets in persistent AF were less determined.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Heart Rhythm
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Approaches to catheter ablation for persistent atrial fibrillation.N Engl J Med. 2015; 372: 1812-1822
- Effect of MRI-guided fibrosis ablation vs conventional catheter ablation on atrial arrhythmia recurrence in patients with persistent atrial fibrillation: the DECAAF II randomized clinical trial.JAMA. 2022; 327: 2296-2305
- Circumferential pulmonary vein isolation plus low-voltage area modification in persistent atrial fibrillation: the STABLE-SR-II trial.JACC Clin Electrophysiol. 2022; 8: 882-891
- Effect of catheter ablation using pulmonary vein isolation with vs without posterior left atrial wall isolation on atrial arrhythmia recurrence in patients with persistent atrial fibrillation: the CAPLA randomized clinical trial.JAMA. 2023; 329: 127-135
- Effect of catheter ablation with vein of Marshall ethanol infusion vs catheter ablation alone on persistent atrial fibrillation: the VENUS randomized clinical trial.JAMA. 2020; 324: 1620-1628
- Ablation of persistent atrial fibrillation based on high density voltage mapping and complex fractionated atrial electrograms: a randomized controlled trial.Medicine (Baltimore). 2021; 100e26702
- Anterior mitral line in patients with persistent AF and anterior scar: a multicenter matched comparison: the MiLine study.Heart Rhythm. 2023;
- Low-voltage myocardium-guided ablation trial of persistent atrial fibrillation.NEJM Evid. 2022; 1EVIDoa2200141
Published online: January 31, 2023
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Funding Sources: The authors have no funding sources to disclose.
Disclosures: The authors have no conflicts of interest to disclose.
© 2023 Heart Rhythm Society. All rights reserved.