Abbreviations:BiCSD (Bilateral cardiac sympathetic denervation), CE (Cardiac event), LCSD (Left cardiac sympathetic denervation), LQTS (Long QT syndrome), RCSD (Right cardiac sympathetic denervation), SCA (Sudden cardiac arrest), SCD (Sudden cardiac death)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Heart Rhythm
- Prevalence of the congenital long-QT syndrome.Circulation. 2009; 120: 1761-1767
- Unilateral cervicothoracic sympathetic ganglionectomy for the treatment of long QT interval syndrome.N Engl J Med. 1971; 285: 903-904
- Left cardiac sympathetic denervation for the treatment of long QT syndrome and catecholaminergic polymorphic ventricular tachycardia using video-assisted thoracic surgery.Heart Rhythm. 2009; 6: 752-759
- Left cardiac sympathetic denervation in long QT syndrome: analysis of therapeutic nonresponders.Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol. 2013; 6: 705-711
- Bilateral cardiac sympathetic denervation in children with long-QT syndrome and catecholaminergic polymorphic ventricular tachycardia.J Electrocardiol. 2020; 61: 32-36
- Bilateral cardiac sympathetic denervation: why, who and when?.Expert Rev Cardiovasc Ther. 2012; 10: 947-949
- Left Cardiac Sympathetic Denervation Monotherapy in Patients With Congenital Long QT Syndrome.Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol. Dec 2020; 13e008830
- HRS/EHRA/APHRS expert consensus statement on the diagnosis and management of patients with inherited primary arrhythmia syndromes.Heart Rhythm. 2013; 10: 1932-1963
- Role of Bilateral Sympathectomy in the Treatment of Refractory Ventricular Arrhythmias in Arrhythmogenic Right Ventricular Dysplasia/Cardiomyopathy.Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol. 2016; 9e003713
- Left Cardiac Sympathetic Denervation for Long QT Syndrome: 50 Years' Experience Provides Guidance for Management.JACC Clin Electrophysiol. 2022; 8: 281-294
- Contemporary outcomes in patients with long QT syndrome.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017; 70: 453-462
Martinez K, Sahej Bains B, John R. Giudicessi M, PhD, J. Martijn Bos M, PhD, Raquel Neves M, Michael J. Ackerman M, PhD Spectrum and Prevalence of Side Effects and Complications with Guideline Directed Therapies for Congenital Long QT Syndrome. Heart Rhythm 2022; 19(10):1666-1672.
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Funding: This work was supported by the Mayo Clinic Windland Smith Rice Comprehensive Sudden Cardiac Death Program (MJA) and Mayo Clinic Center for Clinical and Translational Science through grant number UL1TR002377 from the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences (NCATS), a component of the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Disclosures: MJA is a consultant for Abbott, Boston Scientific, Bristol Myers Squibb, Daiichi Sankyo, Invitae, Medtronic, Thryv Therapeutics, and UpToDate. MJA and Mayo Clinic have an equity/intellectual property/royalty relationship with AliveCor, Anumana, ARMGO Pharma, and Pfizer. The remaining authors have nothing to disclose.