Clinical Guidelines & Documents
- Heart failure (HF) is a chronic, progressive, and complex disease that is increasing in prevalence with a projected 46% increase from 2012 to 2030.1 Frequent hospital admissions have made HF one of the leading causes of health care expenditures, costing the system more than 30 billion US dollars a year.2 Many of these patients have cardiac implantable electronic devices (CIEDs), wearable devices, and atrial and ventricular arrhythmias. There is an increasing focus on how to best manage these patients, with the recognition that an integrated care model is optimal.
- Ventricular arrhythmias are an important cause of morbidity and mortality and come in a variety of forms, from single premature ventricular complexes to sustained ventricular tachycardia and fibrillation. Rapid developments have taken place over the past decade in our understanding of these arrhythmias and in our ability to diagnose and treat them. The field of catheter ablation has progressed with the development of new methods and tools, and with the publication of large clinical trials. Therefore, global cardiac electrophysiology professional societies undertook to outline recommendations and best practices for these procedures in a document that will update and replace the 2009 EHRA/HRS Expert Consensus on Catheter Ablation of Ventricular Arrhythmias.
- Document Reviewers: Adrian M. Baranchuk, MD, FACC, FRCPC, FCCS; Carina Blomström-Lundqvist, MD, PhD; Frank A. Fish, MD; James M. Horton, MD; Roberto Keegan, MD; Miguel A. Leal, MD, FACC, FHRS; Nigel Lever, MBChB, FRACP; Aman Mahajan, MD, PhD, MBA; Marc R. Moon, MD; Siva K. Mulpuru, BS, MB, MBBS, MD, FHRS, CCDS
- Section I: Introduction and Methodology ...............e95
- Document Reviewers: Giuseppe Boriani, MD, PhD (Italy); Michele Brignole, MD, FESC (Italy); Alan Cheng, MD, FHRS (USA); Thomas C. Crawford, MD, FACC, FHRS (USA); Luigi Di Biase, MD, PhD, FACC, FHRS (USA); Kevin Donahue, MD (USA); Andrew E. Epstein, MD, FAHA, FACC, FHRS (USA); Michael E. Field, MD, FACC, FHRS (USA); Bulent Gorenek, MD, FACC, FESC (Turkey); Jin-Long Huang, MD, PhD (China); Julia H. Indik, MD, PhD, FACC, FAHA, FHRS (USA); Carsten W. Israel, MD (Germany); Mariell L. Jessup MD, FACC, FAHA, FESC (USA); Christophe Leclercq, MD, PhD (France); Robert J.
- Andrew E. Epstein, MD, FACC, FAHA, FHRS, Chair; John P. DiMarco, MD, PhD, FACC, FHRS; Kenneth A. Ellenbogen, MD, FACC, FAHA, FHRS; N.A. Mark Estes III, MD, FACC, FAHA, FHRS; Roger A. Freedman, MD, FACC, FHRS; Leonard S. Gettes, MD, FACC, FAHA; A. Marc Gillinov, MD, FACC, FAHA; Gabriel Gregoratos, MD, FACC, FAHA; Stephen C. Hammill, MD, FACC, FHRS; David L. Hayes, MD, FACC, FAHA, FHRS; Mark A. Hlatky, MD, FACC, FAHA; L. Kristin Newby, MD, FACC, FAHA; Richard L. Page, MD, FACC, FAHA, FHRS; Mark H.